EU Public Affairs Assistant Instinctif Partners
Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 03 May 2017 -- Location: Belgium
About Instinctif Partners
Instinctif Partners is a global business communications consultancy with 22 offices across 13 countries in the world. The Brussels office of IP focuses on EU public affairs and services provided to corporate and association clients. We help our clients achieve their business objectives utilising our understanding of politics, government and regulation. We offer the range of public policy disciplines from strategic political counsel and regulatory advice, through to government relations, lobbying and public affairs. We pride ourselves at being experts in consultation, trade association management, and competition policy.
About the position
We are currently recruiting for an EU Public Affairs Assistant to join our Brussels public policy team as soon as possible. The position is remunerated (under a convention d'immersion professionnelle contract) and is for an initial 6 months period subject to extension. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the team by researching and monitoring political issues and legislative developments in the EU and its Member States across a variety of different sectors and policy domains.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conducting research on policy issues and regulatory structures
- Monitoring EU legislative developments and transposition of EU legislation in Member States
- Drafting reports, providing summaries, updating legislative databases
- Contacting institutional officials (Commission, Parliament, national ministries, etc.)
- Attending conferences and events to network and report back
- Administrative tasks (answering phones, welcoming guests, supporting Office Manager, etc.)
Required skills & qualifications for the role:
- Academic background in European studies / political science / international relations / law
- Prior internship experience with an EU institution / consultancy / trade association is an advantage
- Strong motivation to learn and work in European public affairs
- Good knowledge of EU institutional practises & policy-making processes
- Previous work experience in the fields of EU energy & environment policy is an advantage
- Excellent research and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and in at least one other official EU language (ideally German)
- Flexibility and interest to work on multiple policy fields in parallel
- Well-organised, sociable and pro-active attitude
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: Coline.Duminy@instinctif.com with the subject line “EU Public Affairs Assistant”. We are encouraging you to submit your application at your earliest convenience, as we are looking to fill the role as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will take place in Brussels.