Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 20th March, 2018
Eurosmart, the Voice of the Digital Security Industry, is an international non-profit association located in Brussels, representing the Digital Security Industry for multisector applications. Founded in 1995, the association is committed to expanding the world’s Digital secure devices market, developing smart security standards and continuously improving the quality of security applications.
Eurosmart is offering an internship in European affairs to support its Brussels’ office for a six-month period starting in April 2018.
The Brussels Office coordinates the advocacy effort of the association and its members towards the European Institutions. Eurosmart aims at both securing, promoting and defending the interests of the digital security industry by creating a friendly policy and regulatory environment in the context of the development of the Digital Single Market Strategy with a strong focus on cybersecurity, the establishment of a EU single market for smart secure devices and the digitalisation of the economy and society.
As a member of the Eurosmart’s Brussels team, you will be responsible to monitor European digital policies and related topics (Cybersecurity, IoT, Digital Identity, smart borders, biometrics, data economy, connected cars etc.) and to support the day-to-day activity of the association.
Duties and responsibilities among others:
- Support in policy monitoring and research, as well as advocacy work.
- Participation in external meetings, conferences and seminars and drafting of reports and summaries.
- Support in preparation of internal meetings and briefings; general administrative support and event management (e.g. assisting with preparing working group meeting).
- Support in external and digital communication (website update and social networks management).
- Master’s degree in political science / law / economy with specialisation in EU affairs or/and lobbying with good knowledge of EU legislative procedures. - Some previous relevant work experience welcomed.
- Proficiency in English language; additional languages, such as French and/or German will be an asset.
- Reliable and good team player with excellent communication skills and time management.
- Ability to multi-task and a proactive self-starting “can-do” attitude are essential.
- Any additional skills (PR drafting, digital communication, website management) could be an asset.
What do we offer:
- The internship is related to the conditions of the “Convention d`immersion professionelle”.
- Remuneration between €1000 and €1200 according to the experience level.
- luncheon vouchers.
- Full time - 38h/week.
- An exciting position in an office, right near the European Parliament, housing like-minded EU Affairs professionals.
A CV (maximum of 2 pages) and motivation letter should be sent to Mr. Pierre-Jean Verrando, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Eurosmart Intern EU Public Affairs" in the subject line.