Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 26th March, 2018
Internship (paid) at Danfoss EU affairs office, Brussels
We are currently looking for an intern for a six months period to work with our team on EU public affairs, based in Brussels. We offer a similar compensation level as in European institutions (around 1100 euros). The candidate must be either a registered student currently studying at a European University, or a young professional looking for a first hand working experience in a stimulating environment.
The duties will include:
- Monitor political and legislative developments and provide regular reporting to the head of EU office
- Conducting research on policies - including on energy and climate, buildings, the Energy Efficiency Directive, product policy such as ecodesign and energy label ling, heating and cooling, etc.
- Organising events (e.g. roundtables and industry events) or meetings with policy makers or stakeholders and drafting minutes of meetings
- Building targeted stakeholder lists and project roadmaps
- Drafting short communication material and social media campaigns
- Fluency in English
- Fast Learner
- Understanding of EU decision making process with a proven interest in EU politics and policy, knowledge of energy policies an asset
- Proven ability to present information in a convincing, succinct, accurate and clear manner
- Strong analytical and research skills; and an attention to detail
- Ability to relate to people in an open, friendly and professional manner
- High motivation and flexibility; willingness to go the extra-mile
- Strong organisational skills and a proven ability to keep deadlines
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Danfoss is a global leader focused on energy-efficient solutions that save energy and costs, and reduce carbon emissions. The company's wide range of products and services are used in areas such as cooling food, air conditioning, heating buildings, controlling electric motors and powering mobile machinery. The company is also active in the field of solar and wind power as well as district heating and cooling infrastructure for cities and urban communities. Danfoss was founded in 1933 in Nordborg, Denmark. Today, the Group employs around 24,000 employees and sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world.