Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: as soon as possible
Internship: how would you like to support our member relations with our Turkish member regions?
Connecting regions – inspiring Europe
Set up in 1985, The Assembly of European Regions is the largest independent political network of regions in wider Europe, bringing together regions from 35 countries – from Norway to Turkey and from Russia to Portugal. AER is present everywhere on the European continent, inside and outside the European Union. It is the political voice of its members, as well as a forum for interregional cooperation. AER has offices in Strasbourg (FR) and Brussels (BE) as well as representations in Alba (RO) and Dnipropetrovsk (UA).
We are looking for an intern to work with us in the AER Brussels office to support our membership for our Turkish members.
NB: In order to apply, you must be in a position to sign a three-way agreement (convention de stage), with the university that you are registered to.
What you would do:
- Support the member relations in the day-to-day work with a special focus on our Turkish regions;
- Ensure that the membership database up-to-date;
- Provide support in updating members about AER’s main activities, projects and campaigns;
- Research on Turkish regions’ priorities and needs
- Make contacts and create a network with Turkish regions
- Finally, the intern will assist the entire team in general office management tasks.
This is who we are - Here are the things that are great about this workplace:
- We’re a very small team, so everybody is important
- We’re also a very great team, with awesome people on board
- We share strong values of open-mindedness, honesty, responsibility and a positive-attitude
- The thing we work for is super cool: who could be against helping people across Europe to work together?
- We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allows us to keep in close contact with our team and members that are spread across Europe.
If this is you…
- We need someone who is outgoing, flexible and eager to learn, with attention to detail. In this position, you will be expected to multitask and work with two different coordinators.
- You should be a Turkish native speaker, speak and write fluently in English, be interested in the regional dimension in Europe, be comfortable with Mac OS, the Office Suite, and WordPress.
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience in the field of membership and events in a European association;
- Be in contact with high ranking politicians, opinion-leaders and European partners;
- Learn about regions and related current European political issues;
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment;
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative;
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment.
The internship period will be 6 months, starting asap.
From your arrival onward, you will be considered as full team member.
Financial, administrative and insurance conditions
For all internships within AER, a contract must be signed by AER and the intern’s home University/School/Institute. Please note that this is a non-negotiable condition.
You will receive a monthly financial compensation of 150 EUR for this training period. Travel and living costs must be met by yourself. If you are not citizen of an EU country, you must make sure that you fulfil all legal requirements (residence permit, visa etc.) as specified by Belgian law for foreigners. You must also ensure that you are correctly insured during your stay in Brussels.
If we have sparked your interest and you are interested in making AER your next professional challenge, here is how to apply:
Please send a short cover letter with your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AER internship – membership Turkey“ as subject line.
Starting date: ASAP