Profundo: Internship Sustainability Research
Internship for a 3-month period starting in January, April, July and October
Profundo aims to make a practical contribution to sustainability and social justice through profound research and advice. Quality comes first to meet the goals of our clients. Thematically we focus on international commodity chains, the financial sector and Corporate Social Responsibility. Our international client base includes non-governmental organizations (NGOs), research institutes and government institutions, as well as pension funds and other investors.
Profundo is regularly looking for a pro-active intern with good analytical and writing skills and affinity with sustainability and social justice issues to assist its sustainability research team. The internship covers 3 months, with the possibility to extend for another period, and is offered four times per year:
You will support the sustainability research team with desk research, writing and editing tasks, or with a specific project. You will study the social and environmental investment policies of financial institutions with regard to several themes (human rights, climate change, etc.) and sectors (mining, agriculture, fisheries, forestry, energy etc.). This research will help NGOs and governments to understand how to engage with financial institutions to realise their sustainable ambitions. It will also help banks and investors to understand their financial involvement in sustainability issues and their options to influence these issues in a positive way.
We expect you to:
• have a Bachelor degree in social or environmental sciences or a related field;
• be a passionate researcher with keen analytical skills;
• be familiar with relevant social and environmental issues and with key developments in the field of corporate social responsibility and responsible investment;
• feel motivated to foster the integration of sustainability and social justice in corporate practices;
• be able to write well-structured reports in Dutch as well as English.
• an internship for 3-5 days per week for a period of 3 months to acquire work experience in the field of your expertise;
• the opportunity to study the social and environmental impacts of economic activities and the roles financiers can play to reduce these impacts;
• professional supervision and coaching;
• challenging and varied research projects with a high social relevance for well-known NGOs and research institutes;
• a small organisation that provides plenty of room for individual initiatives and your personal and professional development;
• a wide network of inspiring clients from all over the world;
• a friendly office close to the Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station;
• a fair internship remuneration (€ 400 a month, based on an internship of 4 days per week)
For more information on Profundo, please visit our website (www.profundo.nl). If you have further questions, feel free to call (020-8208320) or send an email to research[at]profundo.nl.
The month prior to a new period, three candidates are selected for an interview. Make sure your CV and cover letter are sent to Profundo at least six weeks before the internship period starts and indicate the internship period you are interested in.
• For the internship period April-June: please send your application, including your CV and motivation letter, before March 3 to email@example.com
• For the internship period July-September: please send your application, including your CV and motivation letter, before May 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org
• For the internship period October-December: please send your application, including your CV and motivation letter, before August 15 to email@example.com
• For the internship period January-March: please send your application, including your CV and motivation letter, before November 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org