Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 1st February, 2018
Student Research Assistant – Europe Analytica
+/- 6 months, full-time
Preferred start date: late March 2018
Europe Analytica, a Brussels-based public affairs consultancy, is looking for an intern to assist with day-to-day monitoring tasks and general support for the team of consultants.
Europe Analytica has a long history as a boutique consultancy providing effective communications services for almost 20 years. This has resulted in Europe Analytica being recognised by recent industry awards:
- Director and Chairman Angela Mills Wade was included on Politico’s ranking of ‘Women who shape Brussels in 2017’
- Our consultants, Alina Popescu and Vlad Hosu, were shortlisted for the Promising Newcomer category at the EuroPAwards 2017
Role will involve:
- Monitoring EU policy developments and stakeholder activity
- Writing reports on relevant items debated in the European Parliament, Council and Commission
- Drafting updates and articles for websites and newsletters
- Conducting ad-hoc research
- General administrative work and office tasks
- Ad hoc management of social media accounts
- Opportunities for increased responsibility
- Currently enrolled in a relevant university degree programme
- Fluent English with knowledge of at least one other EU language
- Interest in and familiarity with EU legislative procedures
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Positive attitude, flexible, team player, sense of humour
Internship placement offers:
- A pleasant and challenging working environment for learning and growth.
- Varied and interesting assignments and insight into the work of a public affairs consultancy
- Stipend for local transportation and return travel to residence
- Access to a wide network in the Brussels public affairs scene
- Application deadline: The application deadline is 1 February 2018. The employer may choose to conduct interviews via phone/Skype. Interns will be informed of their selection late February 2018.
- Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, stating ‘Student Internship Application’ in the subject line.
- A university affiliation is required. This position is for current students only so please do not apply if you have finished your degree.
- Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No calls please.