Event & Policy Intern
Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 12 Feb 2017 -- Location: Brussels
The European & International Booksellers Federation (EIBF) is a non-commercial umbrella organisation representing national Booksellers Associations within the EU, the EEA and outside of Europe. Through its members, EIBF speaks on behalf of more than 25,000 individual booksellers. Depending on the country, booksellers represented include independent booksellers, national bookshop chains, supermarkets, internet retailers and other cultural or general outlets selling books.
As of 6 March until 2 June 2017, the EIBF is looking for one intern to assist in its policy and events management work. The intern needs to be able to cover a range of tasks, from event planning and communication, to lobby-oriented tasks towards the European institutions.
EIBF being a very small federation, the intern has to be “hands-on” and able to multi-task.
Among his/her tasks, s/he will be contacting assistants of MEPs at the European Parliament and officials at the Commission under the guidance of the Director and the EU Affairs and Communication Officer. S/he will have to read, analyse and sum up policy documents, and will be involved in the compilation of explanatory notes for EIBF members. The EIBF policy intern will also attend committee meetings at the European Parliament and various sector-related events. S/he will be in charge of taking the minutes of these meetings.
Furthermore, the EIBF policy intern will be helping at the organisation of EIBF various events in Brussels and will be in charge of updating several web sites and social media. S/he will manage all the practicalities related to EIBF events (catering, speakers, material, etc.) and provide guests with all the relevant information.
- Excellent command of written and oral English is a must, other languages are an asset, and in particular German
- A very good knowledge and a real interest in European affairs
- A proven experience in event organisation and communication, especially social media
- Team player, outspoken however measured personality, aware of protocol and political representation constraints in terms of behaviour and appearance
- Capable of initiative, at ease on the phone and in meetings
- Capable of working alone and prioritizing
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, internet research, etc.)
- Capable of producing work that is of a professional level
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to gain experience in lobbying for a great product - books - at a challenging time for the bookselling industry.
- A modest remuneration to offset costs (400 €/month) and repayment of public transport costs.
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com specifying “EIBF Event and Policy Intern Application” in the title and enclose your CV and a cover letter.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not accept Skype interviews