Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 22nd, May, 2018
Internship at European Trade Union Committee for Education (ETUCE), Brussels
ETUCE is looking for one intern for its Secretariat in Brussels starting from 1 September 2018 for a 10-month period. (A 5-month period until 31 January 2019 is also possible).
As the European Regional Office of Education International, which is a worldwide federation for education organisations, ETUCE represents 132 education trade unions in Europe. ETUCE acts as an agent for the interests of the Member Organisations towards the EU institutions in Brussels, and further seeks to promote and coordinate international cooperation among its member organisations. The fields of work for the secretariat thus mainly concern education and labour market policies in all areas of the education sector within Europe. ETUCE is also a European Trade Union Federation of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC).
The intern works with the Coordinator on the topics of Social dialogue, Economic Policy and Governance. A part of the internship is also carried out in cooperation with the other coordinators and colleagues. Furthermore, as is common for all ETUCE employees, help with other practical tasks in the office is expected.
Assignments – Social dialogue, Economic Policy and Governance:
- Support the monitoring of the development of the EU education, economic, labour market and social policies.
- Assist in the preparation of, and follow-up of the Education Sectoral Social Dialogue Committee meetings
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external notes on education policy, labour market policy, economic policy and governance and social dialogue within the EU.
- Assist in the preparation of, and follow-up of conferences and seminars including drawing-up of reports and minutes.
- Assist in the implementation of ETUCE projects on social dialogue and on economic governance.
- Prepare newsletter articles and other information tasks.
- Accomplish varying office tasks.
The ETUCE secretariat in Brussels is a relatively small French and English speaking secretariat, which values an informal tone, a close collegial spirit, as well as a high level of quality in its work. ETUCE organises a part of its conferences and meetings in countries across the EU, therefore travelling can be expected as part of the assignment.
As an intern at ETUCE it is required that you:
- are following an education programme and have a bachelor/undergraduate degree from a university or are well underway with your university studies
- possess high level English skills, both orally and in writing, while knowledge of French is welcome
- have an interest in education and labour market policy, union policy and EU policy
- are thoroughly versed in EU institutions and work processes
- have good information and communication skills.
Terms of Employment
The internship position is on a full time basis. Interns are entitled to a reasonable financial contribution, a monthly local transport pass and the flight/train ticket (economy/second class) to/from Brussels at the beginning and end of the internship. Interns are covered under ETUCE’s travel and accidental insurance plans during their internship period.
Deadline for application
For further information about the positions, please contact the ETUCE Secretariat at the email address above or at this number +32 2 224 06 92.