Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: as soon as possible
Intern - European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition
The European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition in Brussels, which is under the umbrella of International Institute for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), is seeking an intern to work for 6 months starting in May/June 2018, possibly extendible beyond this period as a Research Assistant for 6 months or longer.
- Carry out research and produce material on projects, with initial focus on Phase 4 EU ETS implementation, carbon leakage, the EU 2030 framework for climate and energy policies, the Energy Union, and the Paris 2015 international agreement and its implementation
- Research and draft background materials on climate change, market approaches related to climate change and climate finance
- Assist with the preparation of publications related to the above subjects
- Provide support to the Head of the European Roundtable on Climate Change and Sustainable Transition
- Provide general administrative support, including helping to organize meetings.
- Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc.
- Knowledge of climate change and carbon markets.
- A strong economics and markets background coupled with an interest in international relations, environmental economics, or similar
- Interest in climate change and market approaches to climate change, international climate change negotiations
- English language skills at native-speaker level - be able to write well in English
- French or another language is an asset
- Experience with an international environment, markets, multi-stakeholder process
- Well organized and able to pay attention to detail, ability to work in a demanding environment, under pressure, take initiative and be a problem-solver
- Ability to internalize substantial amount of material and think laterally
- Hard working and interested to potentially continue in this field
- Authorization to work in Belgium.
Start date: interviews during April and May. Work will start as soon as possible after that.
Duration: Six months, extendible for twelve months as research assistant for the right candidate.
Compensation: Competitive, depending on the level, experience and background of the candidate.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a short cover letter to the attention of Andrei Marcu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Wijnand Stoefs (email@example.com).