Intern in Institute of International & European Affairs
Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: as soon as possible
The Institute of International and European Affairs, a leading independent think tank based in Dublin, has two immediate vacancies for the position of Intern.
The main duties will include:
- Assisting research into specific policy areas, tracking political and policy developments, preparing briefing notes, responding to requests for information;
- Providing administrative support to project working groups, taking minutes at meetings, handling correspondence, managing databases, updating website content;
- Helping with event management, including ushering;
- Assisting with the fact-checking, editing and proofreading of articles, blogs and other written materials.
- 1st class or high 2.1 degree in a relevant field such as Political Science, International Relations, European Affairs or Law;
- An expertise in European and International affairs;
- Superior research, writing and editing skills;
- Attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency;
The placement will be for a three to six month period and please state your availability in your cover letter. The position is unpaid. Applications will be processed on receipt and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the position is filled and will commence on Thursday 14 December.
Due to the volume of applications expected, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
The deadline for application is Monday 31 January 2018, however applications and interviews will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Fionnuala Keane at email@example.com.
The IIEA is always on the look out for new talent. If you think you are a good fit, send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll keep your message or resume on file and contact you if an appropriate position opens up.