Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: 30th April, 2018
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a trainee for its Financing Growth team
As one of the key priorities for EBF, the strategic Pillar on Financing the Economy is conducted and supported by the EBF Financing Growth team. The team deals with all the areas relevant in terms of banks activities financing the economy and growth, including under its remit the following:
- Business Finance – Including SME finance, Export Credits, Alternantive financing methods
- Financial Markets – Focused work on primary, secondary markets and post-trading issues
- Economy and research
- Sustainability & green finance
The trainee will support the EBF Financing Growth team.
A non-exhaustive list of responsibilities includes:
- Monitoring of press/websites of EU institutions and financial publications;
- Research on specific issues/questions related to EU Capital Markets Union, jobs & growth agenda and other relevant policies for the activities of the team.
- Support to Financing Growth advisers regarding preparation of internal and external meetings or events (slides, briefing materials, data gathering, etc.), agenda coordination and outreach to EU institutions, EBF members and other stakeholders;
- Support the advocacy efforts of the Financing Growth team;
- Administrative tasks (e.g. document management, management of members' network).
The successful candidate will have:
- an academic background in finance/economy/law/political science/international relations or other areas relevant for the position; knowledge of EU Affairs an asset;
- excellent command of English (oral and written); good drafting skills;
- good communications and team working skills;
- strong organisational skills and ability to take initiatives.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Duration of the internship/convention of professional immersion: 6 months (renewable).
- Interesting work in a European setting;
- International and multi-cultural environment.
Please send your application (including one letter explaining why you are interested + curriculum vitae) to: Mr. Daniel Bouzas at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 APRIL 2018