"We’re a next-generation university, continually reimagining the future of higher education. Located in the vibrant and multicultural city of Montreal, Concordia is the top-ranked university in North America founded within the last 50 years and annually registers some 51,000 students through its innovative approach to experiential learning and cross-functional research."
Click here to get more information on the university's website.
Admission: Canadian Studies
Language Requirements: A test is necessary!
- TOEFL (ibt 90; paper 577)
- IELTS 7
- MELAB 85 (with at least a 3 for speaking)
- CAEL 70
- Cambridge Certificate (CAE) A
- International Baccalaureate: The course Group 1 English (Language A: Literature, Language A: Language and literature, or literature and performance) (Higher or Standard Level).
Additonal Admission Requirements: none
At the moment there is no on campus housing provided due to Covid19, but the university assists with finding off-campus accomodation.
An excellent transit system links Concordia to most neighbourhoods on the island of Montreal. Each neighbourhood has its own unique flavour. Part of the fun is finding a spot that captures your imagination and fits with your budget.
Montrealers have their own way of describing the size of an apartment.
1 ½: studio apartment, i.e., one large room with a bathroom and kitchenette
3 ½: kitchen, living room, one bedroom, bathroom
4 ½: kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, bathroom
5 ½: kitchen, living room, three bedrooms, bathroom
Many apartments do not include the cost of heating and hot water. Some apartments do not come with appliances (stove, refrigerator, etc.). In that case, you will need to bring or buy your own.
July 1 is traditionally the most popular day to move in Quebec, meaning you may be competing with a lot of other apartment-seekers. But you’ll also have more choice, since that’s when the majority of apartments become available.
Could you use a little help?
- Concordia is partnering with Places4students, where you can view apartment listings (including sublets) and roommate profiles.
- Hojo, the housing and job resource centre run by the Concordia Students Union, is another great source of housing classified ads and guidelines for tenants.
- Likehome.info offers an overview of Montreal neighbourhoods and other valuable information for students looking for accommodation in the city.
Make sure that your passport is valid for at least six months.
You don't need a CAQ or Study Permit if the duration of your program of studies is six months or less and will be completed within the period of your authorized stay in Canada. Despite this exception you may apply for a CAQ and a Study Permit before entering Canada. It may be advantageous to obtain a CAQ and Study Permit, should you plan to participate in work programs available to international students or intend to apply for another program of study.
For more information about our international programs, visit Concordia International.
View sample of a CAQ approval letter and a CAQ certificate