General Information:

"Korea University, founded in 1905, is widely acknowledged as one of the country’s oldest, largest and the most prestigious universities in Korea. Its reputation for quality is based on excellence in teaching, research and service to Korean society. Eminent faculty, outstanding students and internationally recognized research programs all contribute to Korea University’s academic fame. As a major comprehensive university, KU offers a rich variety of courses in liberal arts and sciences as well as in all professional fields, including law, medicine and business administration.

Over the past several years, we have seen a dramatic increase in both the number of courses offered in English and in the number of international students who have chosen Korea University as their study abroad destination. In the fall of 2016, we welcomed almost 18,700 students to our campus from all parts of the globe."

Find more information on their website. You should also check out the factsheet!

Admission: Multi-Faculty-Exchange - Faculty of Arts

Language Requirements: Toefl score 580 / CBT 230 / IBT 92 / IELTS score 6,5 / Cambridge Advanced (CAE) (Not valid if achieved before 01/12/2018) / English Language test (University Language Centre) score: C2 or C1, only one score C1/B2 or B2 is allowed; score B1 is not allowed

Additonal Admission Requirements: GPA should be over 2.5 out of 4.0.

Accomodation: Exchange students are eligible to apply for on-campus housing (CJ International House, Anam Global House, Anam Hall 2) during their stay at KU. Students will be required to apply for housing online after they have been accepted as an exchange student. Applications past the deadline will not be considered for placement. Please be aware that on-campus housing is not guaranteed. Students who are assigned on-campus housing will be required to take a tuberculosis test (x-ray or blood test or skin test) dating after July 1 st for fall semester intake and January 1 st for spring semester intake. Find more info here!

Visa: You must apply at a Korean Embassy or Consulate in your home country to apply for your visa. Although it is possible to apply for a D-2-6 visa outside of your home country, or to change from a tourist visa to a student visa in some cases, this requires more paperwork and is more complicated than doing it at home. Therefore, we strongly advise applying for your student visa as soon as possible in your home country so that you can travel later if you need to. Since the pre-arrival visa is only valid for 3 months, please apply for it starting from June (Fall Semester start) or December (Spring Semester start), even if you get the documents earlier. If you do not have a D-2-6 by the first official day of the semester (usually September 1 or March 2), the Seoul Immigration Office will fine you 200,000 KRW. Find more info here!

Term: The first semester begins late September and goes till Decemberr. On the other hand, the second semester begins March and ends in June.

Sponsors and partners