General Information: KU Leuven is an international community where innovative research forms the basis of all our academic programmes. Across the university, driven researchers and curious students continually gain new insights and use their knowledge to tackle the foremost challenges of our time.

Admission: available to International Relation Bachelor and Master students

Places available: 10

Language of instruction: Dutch

Language and additional requirements (such as the TOEFL test): Dutch B2

Visa Requirements: Belgian immigration law requires most non-EEA nationals to apply for a visa before leaving for Belgium. This visa will ensure that you have the proper permission to enter Belgium. You can initiate the visa application via the responsible Belgian consular post for the country where you hold a legal residency (for more than 90 days).

A short-stay visa (type C) allows the holder to travel and stay freely between all of the Schengen area member countries. This visa, also known as the Schengen visa, is only applicable to a short stay of maximum 90 days (in any 180-day period). More information on short-stay visas here

A long-stay visa (type D) is also called Authorisation for Provisional Sojourn (in Dutch: Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf). It allows the holder to enter Belgium for a period longer than 90 days and apply for the Belgian residence permit. More information on the long-stay visa here

Housing: KU Leuven Stuvo manages 25 residence halls in Leuven and Heverlee with about 3000 rooms600 of which are meant for international students)

Conditions for admission

As an international student, you can have access to housing in a Stuvo residence hall if you are:

  • a student registered with a diploma contract or a doctoral student at the KU Leuven Association for the academic year in question, or
  • studying on campus in Leuven, Heverlee or Haasrode for the academic year in question.

If you are registered with a credit contract only, you can't stay in a Stuvo residence hall. KU Leuven Stuvo will check if you meet these conditions at the start of each academic year. If you do not, the rental agreement can be cancelled.

More on accommodation here

Sponsors and partners