Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: as soon as possible
Start: December 2018
Length: 5 to 6 months.
DEKRA is one of the world’s leading providers of testing, inspection and certification services. With more than 40,000 highly qualified employees in over 50 countries, DEKRA provides vehicle testing, appraisals, industrial inspection, certification and testing services as well as personnel services to ensure safety on the road, at work, at home.
Lobbying is not only a topic to be studied at university. We offer creative students the chance to get to know the world of EU lobbying “on the job”. The work of the DEKRA Representation to the European Union in Brussels takes place in an exciting European environment. The main focus is to promote the interests of DEKRA towards the European Institutions.
Tasks of the intern
- Legislative monitoring.
- Research and preparation of background notes, briefings and reports.
- General organizational and administrative support.
- Support to the team, including in the organization of high-level policy events.
Requirements for the applicants
- On-going studies with a focus on political / European studies.
- Very good spoken and written German (native-speaker level or equivalent) and English, French is a very strong asset.
- Basic knowledge of the European decision-making processes, and willingness to learn more about it.
- Distinct communicative and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to work in Belgium.
- This offer is for students and the internship will be done in the framework of the curriculum. An agreement must be signed between DEKRA, the student and the sending university.
- The working contract shall be made under Belgian law.
- This is a paid internship.
How to apply?
Via Email addressed to:
Mr. Oliver Deiters
Managing Director of the EU Representation, DEKRA e.V.
Application must contain
- A cover letter in German specifying why you would like to join DEKRA in particular.
- A CV in German or English.
- A very short summary (max 100-150 words) of the Better Regulation Package of the European Commission, in English.