Please ask for approval from your teacher/ lecturer before considering to do an internship!
Expiration date: As soon as possible!!!
SMS Security Consultancy Limited, based in Malta, is a consulting company for the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. The company employs international experts from different European countries, and has had a close relationship with French security providers since 2007.
We are currently looking for a highly-motivated Junior Data Analyst & Security Consultant to strengthen our team of security consultants specialized on the MENA region. The candidate MUST be already eligible to work in the European Union.
This 6-month position is a good opportunity for acquiring a great experience in the sector and, upon performance, it is considered as a trial period leading to a longer contract. Thus, willingness to engage for more than 6 months is a prerequisite of the successful candidate.
DEADLINE: As soon as the right candidate has been found
DURATION: 6 months, intention to offer a longer contract at the end of the 6 months
SALARY: EUR 750 circa
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. Information review:
- Review directly all available social/official media channels to obtain required information;
- Review through pre-selected web-based alerts all available social/official media channels to obtain required information;
- Coordination and cross-check of obtained information;
- Open sources research to increase information collection capacity.
- Creating required alerts based on obtained information;
- Creating periodical reports, analysis and graphics charts & maps based on obtained information.
3. Data Management:
- Categorizing and archiving required information accordingly to obtain formats & data management tools;
- Mapping of required information accordingly to obtained formats & mapping tools;
- Development of tools-in-use to increase analysis and review capacity.
4. Consulting Projects Participation:
- Supporting concerned OPS Personnel in development of occasional documents, analysis, reviews and reports;
- Creating required guidance and guidebooks in cooperation with OPS Personnel;
- Participation in security audits, site surveys, logistics and other activities applicable to broadly understood Security Consulting.
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- You are eligible to work in the EU;
- You hold a Master’s degree in security or any related topic (e.g., international relations) with a focus on security issues, especially on the MENA region;
- You are a native Arabic speaker and have an excellent mastery of English (C2). French is considered as asset;
- A first professional experience in a high-paced environment, possibly related to security and/or risk management, is an asset but is not mandatory;
- You have a very strong sense of commitment, you are willing to challenge yourself, and you are used to teamwork and to take responsibilities;
- You are recognized for your organizational skills and are used to follow at the same time multiple projects even while being under pressure;
- You are computer-literate and have a good knowledge of MS Office pack (especially Excel) and Publisher. Other IT skills are considered assets;
- Knowledge of North Africa countries is an asset.
6-month contract with an option for extension upon performance.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION:
- Salary 169.6 euros per week – paid monthly;
- Accommodation in Malta;
- Round ticket for the assignment period.
NOTE: Benefits & Remuneration will be reassessed upon positive performance after 6 months.
As soon as possible
Send cover letter and CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com